When you devote five hundred plus hours for a project and it never materializes for some inexplicable reason, what do you do? It can be a dream job, a dream home, a dream whatever! Well, here goes:
- Curse. Curse. Curse. No good. Curses rebound.
- Practice indifference. No good. It deepens the pain.
- Pretend to be super cool. Idiotic. Synonym, Inane.
- Accept. Reflect. Take up something better. Yes.
In fact, take up something better. A better job, a better home, a better dream! It works. Trust me.
The very act of accepting the inevitable triggers energy. Then, when you set a new target, the energy grows by leaps and bounds.
‘No effort is ever wasted,’ someone wise quipped, as I elaborated on what had happened to one of my translation projects. ‘ Besides, if you can bring yourself to not hate, that will be best.’
I hummed and hawed at that time. The streak of unforgiving temper burned bright even as I tried to skip from step 1 to 2 to 3 to 4.
The next project came magically. By a beautiful coincidence it demanded the same references which had piled up on my work table due to the forgotten project. The flow started quicker. The energy grew with my gratitude.
When I laughingly mentioned about the change to my beloved Missionary Sister, she was delighted.
‘I am loving my new project.’ I told her.
‘Listen, what He decides will happen. Would you have taken up the new project, if the old one hadn’t failed?”
‘ That’s the magic. Submit to the divine will. Do your best.’
I grinned. When you are lovingly fed tapioca and fish curry along with saintly advice, it is extremely palatable!
It is like losing weight, this new way of thinking.
- Curse, curse, curse. No good. If you eat too much, it shows up on your body. It rebounds.
- Practice indifference. No good. The pain of being unhealthy will still bite.
- Pretend to be super cool. Absurd. Synonym, Ridiculous.
- Accept. Reflect. Take up something better. Like walking few kilometers per day. Yes.
It works. Trust me.